What is this programme about?
Specially for those who want to learn the Latest, Complete and Professional Solutions for Tax Audit
Dr Choong will show you what the right preparation is needed in this Malaysia Tax Audit 2018 seminar. It will also present the latest strategies to Reduce Penalty and safeguard shareholders and management against avoidable Financial Risks.
Real and Valuable Lessons can be learnt from case precedent, especially of those from the Special Commissioners level. Dr Choong will present pragmatic solutions using case studies approach during this 2 Days Malaysia Tax Audit 2018 seminar.
This seminar will better illustrate the challenges and expedite the preparation for Malaysia Tax Audit Documentation. The case studies and case precedent approaches are the first of its kind in understanding, Dr Choong Kwai Fatt will not only show you how to face, but also how to deal with them in the preparation for Malaysia Tax Audit.
The scope and contents for this 2 Days Malaysia Tax Audit 2018 includes but not limited to the following:
1. Tax Audit Framework 2017 – The crucial points that must be aware of
2. Incorrect Return – How far and wide is the coverage?
3. Mitigation Factors and Commercial Defences available to mitigate incorrect return penalty of 100%
4. A complete examination of selected 20 must-know latest leading cases of SCIT and recent Malaysia Court’s decisions
5. Clear understanding of Offences and Penalties available under the Income Tax Act 1967– the difference and which penalty you should aim for or to avoid in Tax Audit
6. Variety of Penalties for:
6.1 Not Furnishing Tax Return
6.2 Continuing Default of Non-Submitting Return for 2 years or more
6.3 Not providing the correct particulars
6.4 Constant and regular changes in Business Code
7. The right checklist of MUST HAVE Documentations to prepare for the expected Malaysia Tax Audit
8. Travel restriction on Director for Non-Payment of Tax – When and to what extend would this applies?
9. The IRB’s latest practice and updates on approaches – This is a must-know for all
10. Responsibility to pay outstanding tax and penalty jointly and severally on:
10.1 Managing Directors, CEOs and CFOs;
10.2 Director cum Shareholders (> 20% holding) – Understand how it works and how to avoid this completely.
11. Tax Audit Cycle and Completion – What are the typical timeline and procedures?
12. Negotiation, Explanation and Settlement with IRB – How to assess how much is the “right amount”?
13. Appeal to SCIT – What are the Challenges and Solutions?
14. Practical Approach to file Notice of Appeal (Form Q) – the when, why and how-to?
15. What if IRB’s decision to liquidate the company and bankrupt a taxpayer – What can you do about it and what are the remedies made available?
16. Taxpayer’s AVAILABLE Strategies to prevent IRB’s actions – Is it still relevant by compounding the offences and its applications?
17. The impact of Court of Appeal’s case in Syarikat Ibraco – Where Tax Planning ended up as being charged incorrect return. What are the lessons that can be learnt and the alternative approaches that can be taken?
18. and more…